KIGOMA, KIGOMA REGION
Kigoma Region has a population of 2,127,930 and Kigoma Town 215,458 (2012 census) and an elevation of 775 m. Kigoma is in north western Tanzania, on the north eastern shores of Lake Tanganyika, sharing land borders with three member countries of the Francophone: Burundi, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, and Rwanda.
BORN TO LEARN AFRICAN CULTURAL AND SPORTS CENTER (KIGOMA)
Born to Learn – branch Kigoma, following its principles for developing and strengthening resources and talents, has started an African Cultural and Sports Center in Kigoma Town for striving to advance international and intercultural understanding. The Center is seeking to encourage Tanzanian- and others to identify with their heritage to enhance their self-esteem and to enable them to strive for discipline, commitment and achievement.
The main objectives of BORN TO LEARN AFRICAN CULTURAL AND SPORTS CENTER are:
- to promote and empower culture, art, education, knowledge, languages, reading and sports based on African traditions
- to provide to young people a chance to explore a wide range of African artistic tradition
- to create linkages with sports and culture professional, people and sources of information
- to organize seminars, workshops, conferences and movie projections on culture and sports and related subjects
- to reinforce the relevance of these areas as fundamental tools for community development
- to receive volunteers from other countries for the intention of promoting culture and sports talents identification and strengthening